Hemp Tofu with Honey-Sriracha Sauce
Write a review
For the Hemp Tofu
- 1 package of Hemp Tofu, drained and pressed, cut into strips or cubes
- Fleur de sel and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 large free range organic egg
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
For the Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1 cup chicken bone broth or homemade chicken stock
- ¼ cup of raw coconut aminos
- ½ cup organic raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
For the Thickener
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons of chicken stock
For the Toppings
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1 stem of spring onion, chopped
- Pat dry hemp tofu with paper towels. Season to taste with fleur de sel and black pepper. Place the arrowroot starch in a plate and beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Dip the tofu in the beaten egg and dredge with arrowroot starch. Cover evenly on all areas, shake off excess and transfer to a plate. Repeat procedure with the remaining tofu.
- Add the oil in a non-stick skillet and apply medium-high heat. Fry the tofu in separate batched for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Turn to cook the other side for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Fry the remaining batch of tofu and place it on the plate with paper towels.
- While frying the tofu, add all ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan and apply with medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and stir in the thickener mixture. Cook until it returns to a boil while stirring constantly until it has thickened.
- Add the fried hemp tofu in a large bowl, pour in the sauce and gently toss to evenly coat the tofu with the sauce mixture.
- Portion into individual serving plates, top with spring onion and sesame and serve immediately.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/