Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
Enjoy this crispy battered shrimp made with raw honey, grass fed cow’s milk, organic egg whites and more. Combine with caramelized walnuts to suit the taste buds of everyone!
Write a review
- ½ cup water
- 2/3 cup of raw honey
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup of white rice flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of condensed milk
- 1 cup of peanut oil, for frying
- Soak the walnuts for 1 hour in a bowl with ½ cup water and half the honey. Transfer to a pan, apply medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until it has reduced and caramelized. Remove pan from heat and drain.
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites until smooth and foamy. Gradually stir in the rice flour while whisking constantly until a paste consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a skillet, add the oil and apply medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, dip the shrimps in the egg-flour batter and deep fry for about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimps with a slotted spoon, transfer and drain on a plate with paper towels.
- In a serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, remaining honey and milk until well combined and add the fried shrimps. Toss to coat the shrimps evenly with the honey mixture, top with caramelized walnuts and serve immediately.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/