Pasta with Sautéed Mushrooms, Fiddlehead Ferns and Dandelion Greens
MAIN DISH - PASTA
Write a review
- 1 (12 oz.) package of gluten-free pasta
- 3 tablespoons of grass fed clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup loosely packed Fiddlehead ferns, trimmed
- 8 large fresh dandelion greens, cut into chiffonades
- 1 cup of halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, minced
- Real sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium organic lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of raw coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of prepared mustard
- In a pot with boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions or until al dente. Drain, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the grass fed ghee in a large skillet and apply with medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, reduce heat to medium and sauté the garlic for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the fiddlehead ferns and mushrooms and cook for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally, or until lightly browned and caramelized.
- While cooking the mushroom and ferns, mix together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add half of the sautéed ferns and mushrooms, dandelion greens, tomatoes, parsley and pasta and drizzle with half of the dressing mixture. Season to taste with real salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Portion into individual serving plates, top with the remaining caramelized fern and mushroom and serve immediately with the extra dressing on a sauce bowl.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/