Black Bean Salad with Honey-Lime Oats
SIDE DISHES - SALAD
Write a review
- 1 cup raw organic oat groats
- 1 cup canned organic black beans, drained
- 1 cup quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 green jalapeno, minced and seeded
- 2 large shallot, minced
- ½ cup diced ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh cilantro
For the Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut or olive oil
- 1 organic lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- 1 large pinch of cayenne or chili powder
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Add 2 cups of water and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a deep pan and bring to a boil. Add in the oat groats, reduce to low heat and simmer for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add in the avocado, pepper, black beans, tomatoes and shallot in the bowl with the oat groats and mix to combine.
- While simmering the oat groats, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a separate bowl until well combined. Pour in the vinaigrette mixture and gently toss ingredients until well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Portion into individual serving bowls, top with cilantro and serve immediately.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/