Honey Wheat Bread
This tender honey wheat loaf recipe brings together pure honey and grass fed butter to fill your stomach and make your taste buds dance.
Write a review
- 1 packet (about ¼ ounce) of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup of warm water with a temp of 110°F
- 1 ½ cups of canned evaporated milk
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup butter or shortening, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups of sifted wheat flour
- 3 cups of bread flour
- 2 tablespoons of grass fed butter
- Mix the yeast and honey with ½ cup of warm water and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine together the water, butter/shortening, honey, salt and wheat flour until well combined and pour in the activated yeast mixture. Mix just to combine and let it rest for 15 minutes. Gradually add in the bread flour while kneading the mixture until the dough comes together. Process the dough for about 1 hour and 20 minutes in a stand mixer.
- Lightly brush another bowl with butter, place the dough and cover with kitchen cloth. Let it rest for 45 minutes to rise, or until it has doubled in size.
- Fill small pan with water and place it on the bottom shelf of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Transfer into floured work surface, punch down the dough and divide into 2 equal portions. Lightly knead the dough to remove air pockets, roll into a loaf. Transfer into 2 greased loaf pans, lightly brush the top with melted butter and cover with kitchen cloth. Let it rise for another 30 minutes, or until it has doubled in size.
- Bake the bread for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top part is golden brown. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and let it rest to cool completely before slicing.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/