Honey BBQ Wings
Please your guests with grass fed chicken wings topped with this delicious honey BBQ sauce
Write a review
- 1 ½ quarts of cooking oil, for frying
- 18 whole chicken wings, separated
- 3 free range large eggs
- ¼ cup of cream
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of arrowroot starch
- 1 organic lemon, zested for serving
For the Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 ½ cups of tomato ketchup
- ½ cup of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion salt
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
- ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
For the Spicy Butter Sauce
- ½ cup of red hot chili sauce
- ½ cup of grass fed butter
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Combine together the flour, starch, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix together the eggs, cream, cayenne, salt and black pepper in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- In a deep wok or pot, add the oil and apply with medium-high heat.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, dip into the egg mixture and return to coat into the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour, set on a wire rack and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is set on the wire rack, mix together all ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a medium saucepan and apply medium-high heat. Cook until it reaches to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it has reduced in half while stirring constantly.
- In a separate sauce pan, add all ingredients for the butter sauce and apply medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it has reduced in half. Remove from heat, let it rest for 10 minutes and discard the basil leaves.
- When the oil is hot and chicken is ready, deep fry the chicken in 3 batches for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Quickly dip into the butter sauce then into the BBQ sauce and transfer on a serving platter. Cook the remaining chicken and serve with lemon zest on top.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/