This recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Using free range eggs and organic honey, let this dish tease your taste buds!
Write a review
3 hr 30 min
3 hr 30 min
For the Crust
- 1 ½ cups of sifted flour
- 1 cup of sifted coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of raw cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of grass fed unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup of lard or vegetable shortening, cut into cubes
- ½ cup of ice water
For the Filling
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of organic wildflower honey
- 3 tablespoons of grass fed unsalted butter
- 4 free range large whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ½ teaspoon of pudding spice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine together the flour, salt and sugar in large bowl until well combined. Add in the cubed butter and lard beat with a hand mixer until a coarse mixture is achieved. Gradually add the water and continue mixing the ingredients. Beat until the mixture comes together. Adjust texture if too dry by adding more water and beat until the desired texture is achieved.
- Transfer the dough into a floured work surface, divide into to 2 equal portions and roll out into flat rounds. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
- While chilling the dough, warm the honey in a saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in the butter and stir to combine.
- Mix together the eggs, almond extract, nutmeg and salt pour into the honey mixture. Chill for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and position a rack on the middle.
- Remove the dough from the chiller, transfer on a floured work surface and roll out into 13-inch flat round. Place on a 9-inch pie plate and trim the excess parts with 1 inch margin. Prick the crust with fork on all areas and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Line the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes, uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer on a wire and let it rest to cool.
- Briefly stir the filling and add into the baked crust. Spread and level with a spatula and bake it in the prepared rack in the middle of the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest to cool before serving.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/