Honey Cake Recipe
A moist cake made with raw honey and grass fed butter to ring in the New Year in style. Your taste buds will dance with this ideal blend of ingredients.
Write a review
- 1 ½ cups sifted flour
- ¼ cup almond sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cup of raw honey
- ½ cup of canola oil or grass fed softened butter
- ½ cup warm brewed strong coffee
- 2 free range large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and position the rack on the middle. Lightly grease a loaf pan with oil and lightly dust with flour on all areas.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, salt and pudding mix until well combined and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and brewed coffee until well incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer at high speed for 3 minutes or until smooth and frothy. Reduce speed to medium, mix in the honey mixture and whiskey and beat until well combined. Gradually add in the flour mixture while beating constantly on low speed just to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. It is done when a toothpick inserted on the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and let it rest to cool before removing from the pan.
- Run a knife on the sides of the cake, cover with a plate and invert the cake to remove from the pan. Turn the cake right side up, and cool completely before slicing and serving.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/