Hot and Spicy Honey Wings
Delicious wings, with a spicy zest, made from our naturally sourced honey.
Write a review
- 2 pounds of fresh chicken wings, trimmed and cut into 2 portions
- Oil, as needed for frying
For the Sauce
- 1 cup of red hot chili sauce
- 2/3 cup of raw honey
For the Flour mixture
- 1 ½ cups of sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning mix
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Preheat an oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with tin foil, set aside.
- Mix together all ingredients for the flour mixture and add the chicken. Dredge the chicken evenly and make sure all areas are well coated. Shake it off to remove the excess flour and transfer on a plate.
- Heat the about 3 cups of oil in a deep pan or skillet and wait until it starts to smoke. Fry the chicken for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Set aside.
- While frying the chicken, mix together the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and add the chicken. Toss to evenly coat with sauce and transfer into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake it in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until nicely browned. Remove from the oven, transfer on a wire rack and let it rest for about 5 minutes to cool. Transfer the chicken on a serving platter, drizzle with sauce on top and serve immediately.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/