Roasted Quail with Honey-Orange Sauce
MAIN DISH - POULTRY
Write a review
- 8 organic free-range quail
- Celtic salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons of grass fed ghee or olive oil
For the Basting Sauce
- ½ organic orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and line a rimmed roasting pan with foil. Set aside.
- Brush the quails with 1 ½ tablespoons of ghee on all areas, season to taste with Celtic salt and black pepper and rub evenly into the meat.
- In a small bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients and stir until well combined. Divide into two portions and brush the first half on the quails. Place the quail breast-side down on the prepared roasting pan and bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Brush the remaining sauce evenly on both sides of the quail and bake further for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and cover with foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes to allow the juices to penetrate back into the meat.
- Transfer to a cutting board, carve or slice the quail and portion into individual serving plates. Serve immediately with pan juices in a sauce bowl.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/