Chocolate Honey Brulees
A tasty dessert made from our dark, luscious wild raw honey.
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 1 ½ cups canned evaporated milk
- 1 cup fresh whole milk
- 2 large whole eggs
- ¾ cup of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of pure cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the honey, cocoa powder, orange zest and almond extract in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk, fresh milk and eggs in a separate bowl until well incorporated. Gradually add in the honey-cocoa mixture into the egg-milk mixture and whisk constantly until well combined.
- Portion the mixture into 4 small baking ramekins or custard cups and place it on a baking sheet. Fill a small baking pan with 1 cup water and position it on the lowest rack of the oven. Bake the honey brulee for about an hour or until cooked through. It is done when a toothpick inserted on the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, transfer on a wire rack and let it rest to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Drizzle with extra honey on top, sprinkle with extra cocoa powder and serve immediately.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/