Caramelized Pecan Bars
Pecan bars made with non-GMO honey
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 3 cups of raw pecans, chopped
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- ¾ cup of cubed unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups of honey
- ¾ cup of softened butter
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat an oven to 350°F and line a 13x9 inches baking pan with tin foil with extra 2 inches extended on each side. Lightly brush with oil or butter and set aside.
- Place the pecans on a baking sheet and spread it on the sheet to cook evenly. Roast for about 10 minutes, or until lightly brown and fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Mix together the flour, ¾ cup honey and cubed butter in a food processor and process briefly until a coarse mixture is achieved. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and press down to fill the spaces on bottom part. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove from the oven, transfer on a wire rack and let it rest to cool completely.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan, apply medium heat and cook until thick and caramelized. Add the toasted pecans and mix to coat evenly with the caramelized mixture. Transfer into the baked crust and spread evenly on top with a spatula.
- Bake it in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until it starts to form bubbles and lightly golden. Remove from the oven, transfer on a wire rack and let it rest to cool.
- Transfer into a cutting board and slice into bars. Serve immediately or store in covered jars.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/