Blueberry Kefir Parfait with Buckwheat
Write a review
- ½ cup of raw buckwheat groats, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 2 cups of plain kefir or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of raw honey
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 organic lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of dry roasted pistachios, minced
- Drain the buckwheat, place it on a mixing bowl and add in ¼ cup honey and kefir. Mix to combine, cover bowl and chill for at least 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- In a medium saucepan, add the blueberries, remaining honey and lime juice and apply with medium heat. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the berries have softened while mashing regularly. Remove from heat and let it rest to cool.
- Divide the kefir mixture into two equal portions. Divide the half of the kefir mixture into individual serving parfait glasses and spread evenly on the bottom. Add a layer of berry mixture on top and spread with the remaining kefir mixture.
- Return to the chiller and chill for at least 1 hour. Top with pistachios and serve immediately.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/