Sprouted Buckwheat Loaf Bread
BREAD AND PASTRIES
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 4 cups of organic sprouted buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of real (unrefined) sea salt
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- Coconut flour, for dusting
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- Mix together the almond milk and honey in a small saucepan and apply with medium heat. Cook until it starts to simmer while stirring constantly. Stir in the yeast and let it stand for about 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine together the salt and buckwheat flour and make a well on the center. Gradually pour in the honey-milk mixture and mix until the mixture comes together.
- Cover bowl and let it rise for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it has doubled in size. Transfer to a floured work surface and knead for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Return to the bowl, cover and let it rise for another 15 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Return the dough on the floured work surface and lightly knead for about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl, cover with kitchen cloth and let it rise for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease 2 baking loaf pans.
- Bring the dough on the floured work surface, punch down to remove the air and roll out to form into a loaf. Divide into two equal portions and roll out to form into loaves.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pans and let it rise until it has doubled in size.
- Lightly brush the top with coconut milk and bake it in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and let it rest to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Aseda Raw Honey https://asedarawhoney.com/